Village of Pewaukee
Pewaukee was established along the shores of Pewaukee Lake and incorporated in 1876. The lake has always been an important feature of Pewaukee, from the early saw mills to collecting ice for shipping perishable goods to summer resort activity. Today, the lake still draws businesses, residents, and visitors for boating, fishing, swimming, and beautiful sunsets. Pewaukee has an area of 4.2 square miles and is located in southeastern Wisconsin near Interstate Highway 94, less than 20 miles west of Milwaukee.