Now Hiring: Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Business Consultant
The Waukesha County Center for Growth (WCCG) works jointly with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), which provides no-cost, confidential business consulting services to small and medium-sized firms. SBDC consultants facilitate improvement and growth for small and emerging mid-sized companies and help people launch successful new firms. Demand for SBDC services continues to grow and the current COVID-19 situation has increased that demand.
The Wisconsin SBDC is accredited by America’s SBDC and has a network of 14 offices that are funded and managed in collaboration with the U.S. Small Business Administration, and part of a national network of nearly 1,000 centers.
This is a part-time position from now through December 31, 2020. The position reports to the SBDC Sr. Business Consultant. The consultant primarily provides experience, knowledge and structure to help clients do the work to achieve their goals. The consultant provides hands-on assistance helping clients produce financial projections and plans to obtain capital.
- A primary focus at this time will be assisting the full-time Consultant and SBDC to respond to the strong demand from small businesses for Economic Impact Disaster Loans and other programs from the Small Business Administration that are or may become available as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and economic consequences that have resulted.
- Provide no cost, confidential, one-on-one consulting services to business owners, managers, professionals and prospective entrepreneurs primarily in Waukesha County, Wisconsin.
- Focus on assisting SBDC clients in the acquisition of appropriate financing, by developing financial projections.
- Interview prospective SBDC clients to determine their primary needs and establish the services to be provided. Be an excellent listener, ask knowledgeble questions and provide feedback and suggestions to clients in a timely, professional and organized manner.
- In addition to financial acquisition, provide experience, knowledge and structure to help assist with ongoing financial management, business expansion, marketing and sales, operations, human resources and other important management areas.
- Assist clients wanting to start a new business in the areas of venture feasibility, business planning, financial projections, obtaining financing and other business start-up issues.
- Travel within Waukesha County to meet with business clients after COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Meet SBDC client best practices, service quality standards while helping clients achieve outcomes that lead to business success and economic impact.
- Comply with all client record keeping and reporting requirements in a timely and thorough fashion.
The most qualified person will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in successful business management practices with particular emphasis on producing financial projections, obtaining financial capital, financial statement analysis and overall financial management. Small business lending experience is a plus as is business ownership or extensive management experience.
Applications will be reviewed until an independent contractor is chosen. Preference given to applications received by April 24, 2020.
Please send: (1) a cover letter that summarizes how your qualifications that meet the expectations of the position; (2) a current resume; and (3) contact information for three professional work references, including minimally one person who has been your immediate supervisor.
Submit via email to:
Tim Casey, Director of Economic Development
Waukesha County Center for Growth
2717 N. Grandview Blvd, suite 300
Waukesha, WI 53188
For questions, please contact Tim Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 719-7299.
Wisconsin SBDC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, disability, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, identity as a veteran, disabled veteran, Vietnam veteran or any other military service, arrest record or non-program related conviction record. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to employment. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, convictions and pending charges will be considered only as they relate to this position.