Center for Growth Partners
Thank you to our partners who share in our vision of a vibrant economy where businesses and citizens thrive.
Waukesha County, the state’s 3rd largest, is located in southeastern Wisconsin. It includes 37 municipalities within 576 square miles of suburban and rural areas. From beautiful park space and pristine lakes to exceptional roadways and renowned public safety infrastructure, Waukesha County government is a critical component to ensuring and maintaining the high quality of life that our residents expect and visitors enjoy.
Waukesha County Business Alliance, Inc.
The Waukesha County Business Alliance has been the voice of business since 1918. As a private, member-driven organization, we are the countywide chamber of commerce for Waukesha County. We work to strengthen the economy in the county by advocating on behalf of the business community, developing organizations and their employees, facilitating networking opportunities to build strong business relationships and promoting our member businesses.
City of Waukesha
Waukesha was first settled in 1834, became the Waukesha County seat in 1847, and was permanently incorporated in 1852. The City transitioned into a major manufacturing center in the 20th century. Waukesha has an area of 25.7 square miles and is located in Southeastern Wisconsin along the Fox River, just south of Interstate 94 and about 17 miles west of Milwaukee.
Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
The Wisconsin Small Business Development Center is a statewide network supporting entrepreneurs and business owners through no-cost, confidential consulting and targeted educational programs. Regional SBDC experts facilitate improvement and growth for small and emerging mid-size companies and help launch successful new enterprises.
City of Brookfield
The City of Brookfield was incorporated in 1954 and has become a center for office, retail and light industrial activity with millions of square feet of commercial and industrial space and numerous hotels offering conference and meeting rooms. Brookfield has an area of 27.6 square miles and is located in the more densely populated eastern tier of Waukesha County, along Interstate Highway 94, about 10 miles west of Milwaukee.
City of Oconomowoc
The City of Oconomowoc was incorporated in 1875. The lakes and abundant natural resources attracted visitors and businesses from around the Midwest and beyond. Oconomowoc has an area of 12.3 square miles and is located on the western edge of Waukesha County, close to Interstate Highway 94, midway between Milwaukee and Madison.
Village of Big Bend
Big Bend was incorporated in 1928. The Village has been a recipient of grants to promote urban forestry to plant and maintain trees, supporting Big Bend’s “green” infrastructure in order to meet the goal of becoming an official Tree City USA community. Big Bend has an area of 3.3 square miles and is located in Southeastern Wisconsin along Interstate Highway 43, about 20 miles southwest of Milwaukee.
Village of Butler
Village of Dousman
The Village of Dousman was established along the newly-built Chicago and North Western railroad line in the 1880s and was incorporated in 1917. The now defunct rail line is part of the extensive Glacial Drumlin State Trail. Dousman has an area of 2.6 square miles and is located in Southeastern Wisconsin along Interstate Highway 94, about 30 miles west of Milwaukee.
Village of Eagle
Village of Lannon
Early settlers to the area quarried the high-grade limestone which has become synonymous with the Village. Lannon was incorporated in 1930. It has an area of 2.5 square miles and is located in Southeastern Wisconsin near Interstate Highway 41, about 15 miles northwest of Downtown Milwaukee.
Village of Menomonee Falls
Settlement along the Menomonee River in the 1800s grew into the Village of Menomonee Falls, which was incorporated in 1892. Menomonee Falls has an area of 33.3 square miles and is located in Southeastern Wisconsin near Interstate Highway 41, bordering on the City of Milwaukee and only 15 miles from downtown.
Village of Mukwonago
Mukwonago was incorporated in 1905 and in recent years has expanded into Walworth County to the south. Mukwonago was recently ranked the third best community in Wisconsin to raise a family and is growing faster than any community along the I-43 corridor in Southeastern Wisconsin. Mukwonago has an area of 8.2 square miles and is located about 25 miles southwest of Milwaukee.
Village of Pewaukee
Pewaukee was established along the shores of Pewaukee Lake and incorporated in 1876. The lake has always been an important feature of Pewaukee, from the early saw mills to collecting ice for shipping perishable goods to summer resort activity. Today, the lake still draws businesses, residents, and visitors for boating, fishing, swimming, and beautiful sunsets. Pewaukee has an area of 4.2 square miles and is located in southeastern Wisconsin near Interstate Highway 94, less than 20 miles west of Milwaukee.
Village of Sussex
Sussex is a fairly young village, having been incorporated in 1924. Since then, the Village of Sussex has shown strong and steady growth in its population and industry. Today, Sussex is home to businesses from “mom and pop” shops to international industries. The Downtown is home to a new civic center and mixed-use developments of apartments and retail. Sussex has an area of 7.7 square miles and is located in the northern part of the County near IH 94, less than 20 miles west of Milwaukee.