Our consulting services for Waukesha County started in December 2016. From January to September 2017, our Waukesha center:
- served almost 100 companies
- met with over 35 lenders and resource partners
- helped over 60 clients
- provided over 580 hours of no-cost consulting
- helped to launch 5 new ventures
- created 7 new jobs
- facilitated over $220,000 of capital investment in client companies
- held 2 workshops on woman- and minority-owned business certification and government contracting
- delivered 2 presentations on local resources for business growth and entrepreneurship to business leaders
We have assisted a wide range of businesses, including a manufacturer of specialty automotive parts, an engineering firm, a home inspection business, a hospitality product manufacturer, an IT services company, a dance studio, a specialty food business, a book store, a management consultant, an equipment distributor and a café.
Entrepreneur Patrick McDonough from Mukwonago had tried his hand at developing a business plan and approaching a bank to raise capital for his proposed septic pumping business. When he encountered problems dealing with the bank, and his accountant of 7 years was unable to help him develop the necessary financial projections for an SBA loan, he decided to seek the help of the Waukesha County Center for Growth and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in Waukesha.