Village of Big Bend
The first European settlers in the area chose the “big bend” in the Fox River and built the first saw mill, inn, and post office there in the 1840s. Big Bend was incorporated in 1928. The Village has been a recipient of grants to promote urban forestry to plant and maintain trees, supporting Big Bend’s “green” infrastructure in order to meet the goal of becoming an official Tree City USA community. Big Bend has an are of 3.3 square miles and is located in Southeastern Wisconsin along Interstate Highway 43, about 20 miles southwest of Milwaukee.