City of Waukesha
Waukesha was first settled in 1834, became the Waukesha County seat in 1847, and was permanently incorporated in 1852. The City’s “healing” spring waters made it a popular destination for travelers in the late 19th century. The City transitioned into a major manufacturing center in the 20th century. Waukesha has an area of 25.7 square miles and is located in Southeastern Wisconsin along the Fox River, just south of Interstate 94 and about 17 miles west of Milwaukee.