We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to retain talent and skill up our current workforce. Whether by providing resources to help those already employed get ahead or providing opportunities to the unemployed, we want to ensure everyone in our area is contributing to our economy and reaching his or her full potential.
- Expand the Alliance’s Young Professionals of Waukesha County group to build a community of YPs in our area.
- Promote the Alliance’s Leadership Waukesha County program to develop business professionals’ leadership skills.
- Connect Waukesha County employers with organizations that reskill and support residents from the inner city of Milwaukee, such as The Joseph Project, Mindful Staffing Solutions and more.
- Support innovative employee retention programs, such as Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington (WOW) Workforce Development’s Employer Resource Network pilot.
- Educate employers on benefits and opportunities for employing individuals with disabilities/special needs.
- Connect businesses to WOW for incumbent worker training and on-the-job training assistance and support WOW job fairs in the fall and spring.