Village of Butler
The Village of Butler, known as Train Town USA, was established on the west side of 124th Street as the Chicago & North Western Railway purchased land on the east side of the street for a major railroad yard to ease freight congestion in the City of Milwaukee. Originally called New Butler, the Village was incorporated in 1913. Railroad workers, businessmen, and developers settled there, drawn to the opportunities associated with the railroad. Butler has an area of about one square mile and is located on the eastern edge of Waukesha County, bordering Milwaukee County, about 10 miles from downtown Milwaukee.